Dr. Karen Felsted is frequently asked to share her expertise and experience by speaking at local, regional, national, and international veterinary conferences and key account seminars. She has also been a guest lecturer at many of the colleges of veterinary medicine. Dr. Felsted received the 2011 Western Veterinary Conference Practice Management Continuing Educator of the Year award for her dynamic and practical discussions of key management topics.
These are just a few of the topics on which she has spoken in the past, both in a live format and via webinars:
- Critical steps in starting a veterinary practice
- Key factors to consider when buying a veterinary practice
- Succession planning
- How to successfully navigate the sale of your practice
- Finding and hiring the best team
- Using discounts effectively to increase revenue and profits
- Key trends in veterinary medicine: What you need to know to be successful in the future
- Is your practice profitable?
- Doctor and team compensation
- Investing in high-dollar equipment: How can you make it pay?
- Doctor speak vs. client speak: Better communication = more veterinary visits
- Using your financial and operating metrics to grow your practice
- Bringing more cats into your veterinary practice
- What you need to know about veterinary practice appraisals
- Creating effective wellness plans for your practice
- Better inventory control
- Effectively monitoring your cash flow
- Finding and plugging the revenue holes in your practice (discounts and missed charges)
- Protecting your practice from fraud and embezzlement
Dr. Felsted has also designed and facilitated interactive workshops to help participants with hands-on learning in these and other areas.
Contact us to discuss your continuing education needs and the topics that are most important to your practice.